Friday, August 14, 2009

The Never Ending Candy Weekend

For Easter this year we had 3 Easter egg hunts. Our kids were in candy heaven! Our ward did their egg hunt on Friday. Drew couldn't wait to get started once he found out there was candy in the eggs!!! Allie only chose the pink colored eggs to go in her pink easter basket. Drew didn't care what color the eggs were, but he'd pick up the egg and shake it - if it didn't make a noise, he'd put it back. At first I wasn't sure why, but then as other kids were opening their eggs, the ones that didn't make noise - had stickers in them instead of candy. I guess he knew he wanted the good stuff, none of this sticker business.

Then we did our little family hunt on Saturday morning. As luck would have it, the easter bunny got up early and hid all the eggs in our backyard. Right before the kids woke up, it started to sprinkle and then rain, so the easter bunny had to collect all the eggs in the rain and hide them inside our house this year :-) Allie and Drew didn't seem to mind. Again, Drew was anxious to get into his goodie stash. Allie enjoyed the play-doh inside some of the eggs.

Later on Saturday, we went up to Grammy and Papa Scarbrough's house for our 3rd egg hunt with the cousins. Our kids were pros at finding eggs by this point, and still enjoyed it as much as the first one.

It was nice to get all our egg hunts done before Sunday, so we could focus on the real reason why we celebrate Easter. I'm so greatful for the tremendous sacrifice of our Savior, and I know that he died for us, and was resurrected - and that he lives! It brings great peace to have that knowledge and to know that I can return to live with him again.

Easter Egg hunt at home

Our Ward Easter Egg Hunt

Easter Egg hunt at Scarbrough's


Family Pictures on Sunday. The kids did not want to take any pictures, so I was lucky to even get these few... but they looked so cute in their church clothes.


1 comment:

Brook said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't believe our kids are getting so old! remember when we used to play cards into the night with no kids or even when we had one??? those were the days!! Thank you for the nice thank you note!! Travis the plumber is always glad to help out!!