Sunday, October 4, 2009

You Only Turn 31 Once...

We celebrated Dan's birthday this year by taking him out to lunch. We went to Kobe, a teppanyaki restaurant by his work. The kids were fascinated and watched intently as the chef cooked our dinner right before our eyes. He did the onion volcano and made steam come out of it, and also made a huge fire flame. Drew did not like the fire flame or the heat we felt from it!


Later that evening, we surprised Dan with a nice candlelit dinner at home and some cheesecake. It was a fun day and evening to celebrate Dan's birthday with our little family. I took them to the store and they each picked out a couple ties for him. Drew chose a green one (of course), and Allie chose a one with a pattern. They were both so excited to have him open their gifts that they chose. I gave Dan a gift certificate for golf lessons. He's been wanting to take lessons for years and years, so I figured this is the only way he'd ever do it!


Dan is a wonderful husband and father. We are so lucky to have him in our lives... (even if he's getting to be so old... :-) I can only say that because I have a few more months in my 20's...





No comments: