Thursday, October 13, 2011

He's too cute to stay angry at...

Soooo, EVERY time I turn around, Owen has drawn on something new...  I have about 6 walls that I have scrubbed my heart out to remove Owen's markings.  He's also left his mark on an ottoman, table, counter, desk, kid table, and the wood floor.  He LOVES to color and write in notebooks, like mom and the older kids, but after he doodles in his notebook , he then draws on his skin, couch, wall, phone, anything that is around him. 
I've moved all markers, crayons, color pencils, any coloring object up high in our craft closet.  And all pens and pencils were moved up into a cupboard.  Allie has to wait for me to get a pencil so she can do her homework...   But that doesn't seem to stop Owen.  He saw me get Allie  a pencil one day, so he dragged a stool over and climbed up onto the counter and helped himself to the pencils. 

He finds writing objects in my purse, backpacks, church bags, etc. I'll tell him "we write only on paper".  He'll draw carefully on his paper until I am not looking anymore...  He loves to draw his "Blues Clues" clues. 

 He'll talk to himself and say "hmmm  puppy, circle, colors".  (It's from one of his favorite Blues Clues book).  If I find a spot where he's drawn on something and I have him come help clean it up - he'll pat me on the head (his way he say's sorry) and gives me a hug. 

 It's hard to get angry at him when he's so sweet, but this is getting ridiculous.  What makes it even worse is we have flat paint.   I don't know if it looks better before I try to clean it or after...  I guess I'm gonna need to bust out my paint brush here soon!






No comments: