Monday, October 17, 2011

This is how I feel after wrestling kids the entire 3 hours of church...

Poor Owen, gets dragged around and has to adapt to our schedules instead of the other way around.  The older two had strict nap schedules when they were younger (because they both still napped at the same time) and they rarely missed a nap or at worst got their snooze delayed by half an hour.  But Owen has developed the gift of falling whenever he can... the couch, his car seat and even the stroller.  I can usually transition him into his bed if I get him home within 30 minutes of falling asleep or his car nap is all he'll take.

Our ward meets at 11am so nap time is always tough on Sundays.  A few weeks ago we wrestled all throughout church and he screamed as I dropped him off to his class.  He wouldn't stop crying and banging on the door to get out, so I took pity on him (and made it harder for me the next time I drop him off :-(  I'm such a softy). 

So, he came to class with me and my four year olds.  He had to tough it out through all of church since I had to teach and Dan was on a business trip.   When church was over, I put him in his car seat, and as I was about to pull out of the parking lot, I looked back and saw this.  He was dead asleep in lessthan 2 minutes = hunched forward.  The shoulder straps were keeping him somewhat upright and from falling completely over.   His head would wobble side to side like a bobblehead as he lightly snored. 
Drew and Allie giggled at him the entire drive home :-)


No comments: