Monday, November 14, 2011

Why My Sisters Need to Visit Next Fall...

I'm a little behind on my postings.  I typed this up in October, but have been neglectful to post anything.

I missed my sisters this past week.  I had 100 lbs. of apples to can, freeze, peel, make applesauce, etc. all by myself - Dan did help me one night :) .  Canning sure is more fun less paindul with others!  I missed getting all our kids together to play all day while we can and chat, and can and can some more. 

Drew and Owen were great little helpers and would try to help me peel the apples with the apple peeler.  But it felt like the apples in the box weren't getting any lower in spite of our best efforts!

We've been enjoying the delicious homemade applesauce and apples in our smoothies, on our waffles, apple cobbler, or just plain eating a delicious apple.  There is nothing better than the wonderful smells of apples and cinnamon cooking in the kitchen.  It was the epitome of fall.  Cold and crisp outside, delicious smells brewing inside, fireplace constanly on with a warm fire, cozy in our sweats and sweatshirts.  Fall really is one of  my favorite times of the year!


I had two big boxes full of apples. 
After two days, this box was almost to the bottom.  The second one was still a taunting me... 

No comments: