Sunday, November 13, 2011

Say Goodbye to fall...

Pumpkin patches, homemade applesauce stewing on the stove - making our house smell divine, leaves changing colors, the fresh, clean air turning crisp and cold.  Just a few of the things I've loved about fall here. 
Every time we'd walk outside, we'd pinch ourselves in disbelief at the beauty around us. The colors of the trees and the leaves are absolutely exsquisite...   Our street is lined with trees and their leaves started out as a light pink, then turned to a vibrant red, then a deep orange and lastly brown as they started to fall.  Allie loved to gather piles of leaves and kick them or try to jump in them.  We've enjoed the cool, crisp air and wearing sweaters and scarfs.  It's a fun change from HOT!

I'm dying that I don't have a good camera (I'm hoping Santa will bring me one).   I typically use my iPhone camera, since our regular takes really yellow pictures.  There are SO many beautiful spots to take adorable pictures.  I feel I've waited too long - and the leaves are starting to turn brown or fall off.  Next year, I'll be ready for this spectacular event, and hopefully we can get some great kid pictures!

When we moved here, we were warned that we'd have 3 months of good weather, and then good bye sun and hello rain.  We've been pleasantly surprised at the weather thus far.  We've missed the sun, but it has been a warmer and drier fall than normal.  Luckily, the sun peeks through every few days - sometimes only for  a short spell, but we'll take what we can get...

View from Drew's preschool.
Our street
Trails in our neighborhood.

We bundled up and went on a walk.  It was a particularly cold afternoon.
On our way to the grocery store..  It was a pretty cool spot to take pictures - if only I had a decent camera :)  The trees line the sidewalk on both sides and there are various color of leaves.

Street view from Gillman Blvd. - just leaving the grocery store..

Another view of our tree lined street. The mountains in the background are so pretty.  The mountain in the picture is called Poo Poo Point on Tiger Mountain.  It's a notorious place to go Parasailing.  The kids think it's a funny name and like to say it.
View from the temple grounds. 

No comments: